A "Certificate of Authenticity" accompanies each sculpture and is Signed and dated by the artist.
Each sculpture is also signed, and has the copyright year on it. (back to top)
3. The artist uses various woods to achieve the desired effect. Many of the larger pieces are carved in alder (from Oregon), red cedar (from Tennessee) and red gum (from the Mississippi Valley). He also has used Eastern Hard Rock Maple, Sugar Pine and walnut occasionally along with other woods such as oak and poplar. (back to top)
4. Hand rubbed Tung Oil is the choice of finish for most of his work. Usually 4 to 5 coats are rubbed in to achieve the desired luster. Occasionally, on some pieces such as the Pelican series and Sea Otter series, water based clear lacquer works well for the finish. Lemon oil works well for cleaning and dusting. (back to top)
5. Most of the pieces weigh from 2 to 8 pounds depending on the size and depth of the piece. Larger pieces such as the lions, elephants, etc can weigh up to 15 pounds or more. On the smaller pieces brass hooks are screwed into the reverse and larger pieces have steel brackets on the reverse, ready for wall mounting. (back to top)
The artist welcomes commissions from
the public, and collectors of his work or as special gifts for
birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries.
A 20% deposit is required before starting the sculpture with the balance due prior to shipping. (back to top)
7. The artist uses UPS ground insured to ship the piece. Smaller pieces can be shipped U.S.P.S and are also insured. A strong, sturdy box is constructed assuring safe delivery to your home or office. The artist will contact you confirming the estimated delivery date quoted by the carrier. (back to top)
9. You can email your address to the artist, who will put you on the mailing list for future show events. You can also check the show schedule on the website for dates, locations and exhibitions of the artistís work. (back to top)
10. There is a 2 week return policy from the time the piece arrives at your home or office. It is a good idea to save the original box as it can be useful for storing the piece during moving or returning it. Please contact the artist if the piece does not work out for a full refund minus shipping charges and for instructions in returning the sculpture. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the purchaser. Please insure the contents. (back to top)
© 2008-2013 Richard Vest ∑ All work represented on this site is copyrighted by the artist.
No part of this site or the sculptures depicted may be reproduced by any means